• Every three minutes an American is diagnosed with breast cancer.
• One woman in seven who lives to age 85 will develop breast cancer during
• Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women between the ages of
40 and 55.
• Seventy percent of all breast cancers are found through breast self-exams.
Not all lumps are detectable by touch. We recommend regular
mammograms and monthly breast self-exams.
• Eight out of ten breast lumps are not cancerous. If you find a lump, don’t
panic call your doctor for an appointment.
As a special program of the American Association for Cancer Support, the
mission of the American Breast Cancer Support Association is to provide free
emergency financial relief funds and cancer care packages to breast cancer
patients, help raise breast cancer awareness to save lives, and support selected
research programs in order to reduce the incidence of breast cancer throughout