• Every three minutes an American is diagnosed with breast cancer.
• One woman in seven who lives to age 85 will develop breast cancer during
• Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women between the ages of
40 and 55.
• Seventy percent of all breast cancers are found through breast self-exams.
Not all lumps are detectable by touch. We recommend regular
mammograms and monthly breast self-exams.
• Eight out of ten breast lumps are not cancerous. If you find a lump, don’t
panic call your doctor for an appointment.
As a special program of the United Cancer Support Foundation, the mission of the United Cancer Support
Foundation is dedicated to the prevention and eradication of all types of cancer through early detection, education